Ole and Guri Sundre immigrated to the United States in 1881 and in June 1886, they moved to the Mouse River Valley in their covered wagon. They filed on land six miles southeast of Minot. In 1891, after living in a hillside dugout, the family built a log home built with trees cut from the homestead. The cabin was located originally in the area of Logan, south-southeast of Minot, along the Souris (Mouse) River.
In 1982, this cabin was donated to the Ward County Historical Society by the Mostad family. (Ole and Guri's daughter, Anna, married Alfred Mostad.) Many of the furnishings found in the cabin were part of the original Sundre family's furnishings, on loan from the Kermit Mostad family.