The Harmon House is an example of an Old American Four Square house from the 1908 Sears, Roebuck & Co. catalog. It was purchased by James E. Harmon, who was employed by the railroad -- first, with the Soo Line, and then the Great Northern Railway -- and later went into business opening the Harmon Feed and Fuel Store. The house was located originally at 701 Central Avenue East. The Harmon family, which included James, his wife Fannie (nee Alexander), and their children Ruth, Carol, Jean, and James A. In May 1978, the house was moved to the Pioneer Village Museum.